Why it’s Best to Hire A Professional Painter
A lot of people consider house painting a DIY project. But between the myriad prep work, the potentially dangerous scaffolding and the required precision; you may be biting off more than you can chew if you decide to tackle the job yourself. To top it off you may not end up with results you are happy with. In many cases it’s simply a better idea to hire a professional exterior painting company. Century Painting in Charlotte, NC has earned a reputation for stellar residential painting service and would be a great option for your exterior project. Reach out to them for a free estimate!
5 Essential Things to Look for When Hiring A Professional Exterior Painting Company
The 5 most important considerations you must make when selecting a professional exterior painting company include:
- Insurance – It’s imperative that any company you hire to work on your property is fully insured. Make sure they have a current insurance verification card and that they carry both liability and workman’s compensation insurance.
- References and Reviews – Word of mouth references from trusted friends and family members often work best. But you can also take to the internet to uncover a contractor’s reputation. Check out the company on Yelp, Houzz and Angie’s List. If they aren’t listed on any of those sites that’s a red flag. And if they have more bad reviews than good, you may want to stay away.
- Answers – You can’t be afraid to ask questions when screening contractors. You should ask your potential contractor whether they will be supplying the paint, if they offer warranties, if they plan on hiring subcontractors and, of course, when the project will be completed. A quality company will happily answer all of these questions. And ideally, you’ll want to work with one that does indeed supply the paint, offers warranties, will not hire subcontractors and who can get the project done in a reasonable amount of time.
- Estimates – You should always look to get multiple bids for your job. Call at least 3 different contractors to get estimates. Then compare the quotes to see who can give you the best deal.
- The Right Match – Whoever you hire should understand your vision for the project. Their values should also match your own as closely as possible. For instance, if you emphasize communication, try to opt for a company that communicates well. Some painters have certain specialties that may work particularly well for your project. You should talk to any potential candidate at length to get a feel for whether they are a good fit for the job.
The Benefits of Pro Service
If you insist on all of the above, then you have a great shot at working with a real pro. And professionalism is very important because:
- Your Investment Matters – You want to get the most out of your investment into your home and actually increase it’s value. A good contractor will do just that.
- Beauty Matters – Of course, you want your property to look good. Hiring an experienced painter will give you the best shot at a better-looking home.
- Your Time Matters – DIY painting is time-consuming. Hiring a professional that can handle a large project will save you time. Plus, you won’t have to deal with someone who might quit the job halfway through.
Working with painting pros is simply a smart move when you want the very best results, a more valuable property and a great consumer experience. Be sure to talk to a professional exterior painting company in your area about your next project!